Make your fundraising mobile with Text-to-Give
Text-to-Give is a fundraising method that empowers donors to give to organizations via a simple text.
Donorbox Text-to-Give integrates seamlessly with your Donorbox account, makes it easy to donate from any smartphone, and is perfect for on-the-spot donation drives, church services, fundraising events, and conferences!
If you’re a visual learner, check out this short tutorial video to help you get started with this feature:
How to set up Text-to-Give
Ready to launch a Text-to-Give campaign of your own on Donorbox? It's easy to do - just follow these steps!
Step 1: Build your donation form on Donorbox
Log in to your Donorbox account. Once you’re on the Donorbox Dashboard, simply click 'New Donation Form' to start.
Next, enter your campaign information, customize your donation form, and choose your preferred payment processor (if you haven't already), or you can edit an existing campaign.
Once that’s all set up, you’re ready to start working on your text-to-give component.
Step 2: Create a Text-to-Give campaign on Donorbox
From your Donorbox dashboard, go into 'Inactive Add-ons' and enable Text-to-Give.
From here, you may choose the basic plan or the short code plan - the short code plan includes all the benefits of the basic plan as well as a shorter code number, 801801, and a custom keyword for one of your campaigns.
Step 3: Find your Campaign ID
Once enabled, you can find your unique campaign ID by returning to your main dashboard and looking at your campaign. This is the code your donors will text to the Donorbox Text-to-Give number (1-855-575-7888) or the short code number (801801) to initiate giving to your organization.
To start the donation process, your donors can now simply text your campaign ID to the Text-to-Give number. In return, they'll receive a link directly to the secure, mobile-friendly donation form you created in Step 1.
With the shortcode plan, your donors will follow the same process, however, they will instead send an opt-in keyword - either your custom keyword or the standard ‘GIVE’ - to the short code number. Thereafter, they will need to send the campaign ID.
Note: Donorbox will only text your donors in response to keywords sent, but donors can text STOP if they ever want to opt out of Text-to-Give.
Here’s what it looks like from your donor’s end when they send a campaign ID to the Text-to-Give number:
Step 4: Promote your Campaign ID across all marketing channels
Once you have your campaign ID or keyword set up, it’s time to share it with the world.
When it comes time to promote this exciting new option, consider sharing with the following channels:
- In-person - Do you have an office, an upcoming event, or a weekly gathering? Spread the news about Text-to-Give in person via an announcement or signage. This is one of the most effective ways to put text-to-give to use, as your supporters don't have to type in a URL or scan a QR code to give.
- Media outreach - If your organization or event will be featured on a television or radio broadcast, share your text-to-give details. Like with in-person events, it will be much easier for viewers or listeners to remember your code and phone number than a lengthy URL.
- Social media - Create an easy-to-read and attention-grabbing graphic featuring your campaign ID and the Text-to-Give number to share on social media. If you use Instagram or Facebook stories, or even Facebook Live, make some fun, engaging content that encourages your followers to try it out.
- Email - When you send an email to update your current donors (or potential donors), include a section announcing this new fundraising option and how to use it. Donors will appreciate having another way to give!
- Direct mail - In addition to including your donation form's URL, also include Text-to-Give details in your direct mail appeals. You can also consider sending a specific direct mail announcing your new giving option, including specific instructions about how to use it.
Step 5: Use repeat donations to bring in more funds
Giving again has never been easier - once someone gives to your campaign via Text-to-Give with Donorbox, all they have to do to make a repeat gift is send the keyword 'YES' to the same number. They’ll be asked if they want to give the same amount again, and they just have to text 'CONFIRM' to repeat it.